The ongoing pandemic has hampered many businesses in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and in other areas of the state. It is an uncertain time but business owners can take heart knowing that their plights are not going unnoticed. Several organizations have stepped up in a variety of ways to help business owners all across Texas get the assistance they need to weather the storm.
This may not seem like the most hopeful time to be a business owner, but there are COVID-19 resources available to you that you should know about. Today’s post is all about the COVID-19 resources you may be able to take advantage of. As always, you can reach out to us here at Dallas Fort Worth Biz Pros for a wealth of business resources or if you simply have any questions. Believe it or not, some businesses are actually thriving during this time. We can help you thrive too. But to start with, be sure to take a look at this list of COVID-19 resources for Dallas business owners.
- The Economic Injury Disaster Loan – As a result of COVID-19, many small businesses have suffered economic injury – be it through broken down supply chains or simply a lack of customer patronage. The U.S. Small Business Administration is making $2 million available to private non-profit organizations, co-op agricultural organizations, and small businesses that qualify for financial assistance. The fund is intended to provide organizations and businesses like these the operating capital they will need to get through the pandemic intact. You can find all the information you will need about this fund at the Texas Division of Emergency Management website.
- The Dallas Commerce Map – This resource will be useful for any business that is operating in a limited capacity during the partial shutdown. The Downtown Dallas Open Merchant Map is essentially a listing for businesses offering delivery, pick-up, ones that are still open in a limited capacity and ones that are practicing social distancing. Being listed on this map will help consumers find your business. This resource was made available by a private Google user and you can be listed on the directory by filling out a questionnaire.
- The NACD Cyber-Security Resources Center – The NACD website offers a treasure trove of useful resources and information for employees and employers during COVID-19. One aspect of your business that you can’t afford to overlook during these times however is cyber-security. Unfortunately, many tech-savvy opportunists are exploiting the pandemic and launching malicious cyber-attacks ranging from keylogging to device hijacking. To help business owners and employees safeguard themselves from such attacks, the NACD provides many different cyber-security resources on their website.
- The Department of Labor Fact Sheet – The U.S. Department of Labor has initiated the Family First Coronavirus Act which provides paid leave for certain employees and their families affected by COVID-19. If you are a private business owner with fewer than 500 employees or a public employer, you may qualify for this paid leave. This coverage is currently valid through December 31, 2020, and you can find out if you qualify and other important information on the fact sheet.
- Facebook Grants – Facebook is putting up a total of $100 million for small businesses with between 2 and 50 employees, that have been adversely affected by COVID-19, have been operating for at least a year, and are in or near an area where Facebook operates. The grant comes in the form of either cash awards or ad credits on Facebook. You can see if your business is eligible and apply for the grant here.
- Dallas Testing Site List – Last but not least, it is important to keep yourself and your workforce aware and healthy. If you are in the Dallas area, be sure to familiarize yourself with the location of your nearest COVID-19 testing site. The Dallas City Hall page has a full list of operating testing sites in the city.
We want to be a valuable resource for you too. Please feel free to reach out to us here at Dallas Fort Worth Biz Pros for all the latest COVID-19 news and resources to help your business not only survive, but thrive.